Joined in business of his father Late K.P. Varkey in early 90’s and accelerated diversification of his family business from rice mill to Tread & tyre manufacturing
In 2002, Dr. K.V. Tolin being an aggressive Dynamic Industrialist acquired an automobile tube manufacturing unit at Edathala, Aluva. Further expansion in tread rubber manufacturing had taken place in 2005 also. By 2005 he started to think about commencing manufacturing automobile tyres which was a very highly competing and major giants dominating industry. Because of his aggression as an industrialist in 2008 commenced manufacturing LCV tyres also and he could become success in exporting 90% of tyre production to several countries in Middle East and African sub-continent.
TOLINS is the first company export Tread Rubber to USA in 2nd half of 90’s itself. Till date TOLINS continuing exports of Tread Rubber and Rubber compound to USA which indicates its quality acceptance in the tyre retreading industry world wide.
In 2006, TOLINS, became a Multi National Company by starting a plant at Ras Al-Khaima, UAE. Within 2 years of commencement this overseas plant TOLINS became the market leader in Middle East, especially in UAE. In 2011 also a major expansion taken place to increase capacity of Tread Rubber to 2000 MT per month in addition to earlier expansion for mixing.
And in 2015 Dr. Tolin commenced manufacturing two wheeler tyre at Kalady, Kerala and now in the course of further expansion of Two Wheeler tyre manufacturing.
Dr. K.V. Tolin, as an Industrialist, received the following recognitions /awards from the different sources:
• Best Exporter Award from Govt of India from 2007 to till last year
• Mc Millan Woods Global Awards 2013 for International Exports from
• Entrepreneur Excellence Academician Cocreating value with Gratitute –
from Jain Bharath School of Management Studies
• Business Award 2004 – Global Malayalee Council
• Vocational Excellence Award 2012-13 – from Rotary Club of
• Awards for Entrepreneur of the year 2006 & 2007 – from Berchmans
Institute of Management Studies , S.B. College, Changanachery
• Award from All Kerala SSI Tread Rubber Manufacturers Association for
winning Central Govt Export Award consecutively for 2 years in
2007 & 2008
• Safe Award 2012 – from Department of Factories & Boilers
• Grama Deepthi Puraskaram 2013 – from Ayyappa Seva Samithi
• Kalady Grama Panchayath Honored for the Social & Industrial
Development of Kalady
could become success in exporting 90% of tyre production to several countries
in Middle East and African sub-continent.
TOLINS is the first company export Tread Rubber to USA in 2nd half of 90’s itself.
Till date TOLINS continuing exports of Tread Rubber and Rubber compound to
USA which indicates its quality acceptance in the tyre retreading industry world
And now Dr. K.V. Tolin is:
• Vice-President – All Kerala Small Scale Tread Rubber Manufacturers’
• President – Kalady Town Residents’ Association
• Chairman – Travancore Lords Club
• President – Kalamparambil Family Trust
His corporate has secured the following product certifications:
• SONCAP – Certification for exporting Tolins products to Nigeria
• GSO – Product Certification from Saudi Arabia for exporting to
• DOT – Plant certification from USA to TOLINS Tyre manufacturing plant
• ISO 9000 Certification
• TS 16949 Certification